Wednesday Bible Study
On March 28, 2018, John Bogle will introduce the Journey with Jesus experience to the group at 11:00 am in Heritage Hall. Members will then head over to the chapel for a self-guided meditative experience.
Small groups offer a wonderful space to learn about scripture, connect with friends, pray together, and explore how our faith shapes our everyday lives. Check out the three options below, and sign up to join your new small group.
When Did God Become a Christian?
Leader: Prue Swerlick
Curriculum: When Did God Become a Christian by David Kalas
When: Mondays, 11:30 am-12:30 pm
Location: Prue Swerlick’s Home
Leader: Amy Caldwell
Curriculum: Image Heaven
When: Wednesdays, 6:30-7:30 pm
Location: Shallowford Presbyterian Church, Room 307
Presbyterian Women Bible Study
Cloud of Witnesses: The Community of Christ in Hebrews
by Melissa Bane Sevier
The 2017–2018 Presbyterian Women Horizon’s Bible Study is Cloud of Witnesses: The Community of Christ in Hebrews. In nine lessons, author Melissa Bane Sevier invites us to explore major themes found in Hebrews, relate these themes to other parts of our faith tradition, and tie them together with the overarching motif of community.
- In Community with Jesus Christ
- In Community with the Living God
- In Community with the Living Word
- In Community with God’s Messengers
- In Community with the Tradition of the Past
- In Community with the Reality of the Present
- In Community with the Hope of the Future
- In Community with the Household of Faith
- In Community with All the Saints