- This event has passed.
All Church Retreat
October 4 @ 7:00 pm - October 6 @ 11:00 am
Join us in beautiful Helen, Georgia at Unicoi State Park and Lodge for faith, fellowship, and fun during our Fifth annual All Church Retreat. We are excited to welcome guest speaker Vickie Dieth, D. Ed. Min, Christian Educator, from Christ Presbyterian Church of Tallahassee to help lead discussion.
- Friday – Registration, Opening Session, and Cider & Donuts
- Saturday – Breakfast, Sessions, Group Picture, Free Time, S’mores by the Fire
- Sunday – Breakfast, Worship, and Thank You Session
- Mountain Yoga – Join us as we center our minds and bodies with yoga on Saturday morning.
- Helen, Ga. Oktoberfest – Enjoy the quaint and unique town of Helen, Ga. during the festive Oktoberfest. We will offer a complimentary shuttle service to and from Helen.
- Anna Ruby Falls – Meet us for this short (0.9 miles) and pretty hike! All ages are welcome.
- Relax at Unicoi – Enjoy your lunch at the Unicoi restaurant and relax on-site at the pool, on one of the many walking trails, or with friends playing games.
- Build Your Own Adventure! – Unicoi State Park has so much to offer. Feel free to make your own adventure. (i.e. gem mining, fly fishing, zip-lining, mini-golf, archery, etc.)
Guest Speaker, Vickie Dieth
Vickie’s first year in ministry could be described as a comedy of errors, complete with a rental house that burned to the ground just weeks before a conference, discovering the church van’s speedometer was broken after being spotted driving 100 mph down I-85 through Atlanta, and a few fiascos she’d just as well forget. Her father told her, “If you still think you want to work in the church, there might be something to this,” and, he was right. More than twenty-five years later, she’s still passionate about faith formation for all ages, and she enjoys finding ways to help folks connect their stories with the larger story of God’s people, better understanding their call as disciples of Christ in our current culture.
No stranger to movement, Vickie has served churches in Alabama, North Carolina, and Florida, and currently lives in Columbus, GA, where her husband, Danny, is the pastor of First Presbyterian Church. She and Danny have two daughters, Ellie and Abby, two kittens, and two guinea pigs. Vickie is a Stetson Hatter, a graduate of the Presbyterian School of Christian Education, and received her Doctorate in Educational Ministry from Columbia Theological Seminary.