- This event has passed.
Habitat for Humanity Lenten Build
February 15 @ 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:30 am on Saturday, repeating until April 5, 2020
Shallowford Presbyterian Church will join Habitat for Humanity as a catalyst for neighborhood revitalization again this Lenten season. Through our partnership with Habitat for Humanity, we create opportunities for working homebuyer families to thrive and achieve many of their dreams.
This Lenten season we are excited to come together with three local churches to build a home for the Glanville family. Our Lenten building project begins Saturday, February 15, 2020, and will continue through Saturday, April 4, 2020. We encourage you to spend a Saturday giving back both your time and your talents.
Meet the Glanville Family
Dr. Glanville was born and raised in Germany. She served in the Army for 12 years. In 2010, she relocated from Germany to the U.S. and moved to Atlanta in 2016. In her spare time, Dr. Glanville enjoys visiting hospitals with her therapy dog, Dr. Doolittle. Her son, Leone, is currently undergoing medical treatment but, in his spare time, he enjoys internet gaming and computers. Her daughter, Breanna, recently moved to Atlanta from Las Vegas and is a junior in High School. She enjoys blogging, music, and singing. The family is very eager to have a home of their own, and they are ready to build in Lakewood Heights.
There are two ways you can donate your time to help support our Lenten build:
- Donate Manual Labor – Volunteer to work a Saturday on the build site. All volunteers are asked to arrive on time and stay throughout the duration of the day.
- Bring Lunch for the Crew – Manual labor sure does work up an appetite. Volunteer to cater or prepare lunch for the work crew. To cater lunch, please contact Don Burkhard at [email protected]
Shallowford is excited to partner with the following faith-based organizations
- Cathedral of Christ the King
- St. Benedicts Catholic Church
- Holy Innocents Episcopal Church
Shallowford Lead Coordinator: Don Burkhard
Email: [email protected]