Be transformed by the renewing of your mind. -Romans 12:2
Turning Toward the Light of Goodness: Spiritual practices for Advent and Beyond
DESCRIPTION: Join Robby and Kay on this advent journey as we explore how to open pathways for recognizing our true goodness and the goodness of others. We’ll gather in community, on-line, in a quiet, focused, and safe space, allowing the noise around us —and within in us — to subside. Together, we’ll explore life-giving spiritual practices for mindful awareness that attune our hearts and minds to that still small voice within. .
CLASS DETAILS: Robby Carroll, M.Div., LMFT and Kay Stewart, M.Ed will be your guides through this three-part series via zoom – offered by The Shallowford Family Counseling Center.
- Mondays, November 29, December 6, and December 13
- 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- via Zoom (online)
Our work is guided by research at the intersection of ancient contemplative wisdom and modern western neuroscience and psychology. It is informed by various evidence-based practices – from trauma research to mindfulness to emotional intelligence. It aligns with our lived experience alongside spiritual practices and disciplines we know to be foundational and supportive of:
- Relating to ourselves and others with more openness, curiosity, and gentleness.
- Recognizing and checking in on ourselves when we’re in “judging mode”.
- Accepting life’s unfolding circumstances with greater ease and resilience.
- Building bridges of connection and compassion.
- Trusting the many ways spiritual practice deepens our relationships and supports our well-being.
Pay what you can — no pressure! Larger donations help sustain our programs and fund scholarships for to those with limited capacity to pay yet want to attend.