Directory (Realm Connect)
Through Realm Connect, our online member directory, members have access to the church directory, upcoming events, committee conversations, and can track online giving! Thanks to Realm, staff, church members, and leaders are able to connect with, and share, what’s going on at Shallowford at anytime.Need to Set Up an Account?
Send an email to [email protected] to request that a Realm invitation be sent to your personal email, or call the church office (404-321-1822) and request a staff member to work with you over the phone. Your account will be verified through a two-part security process.
Download Church Directory
In order to maintain the privacy of our members, our directory is password protected. If you are a member of Shallowford and would like access to the directory, please email [email protected] with the following information: first name, last name, date of birth. A member on the church staff will assist you.
Our dedicated and talented flower guild creates beautiful arrangements each week in the sanctuary and around the facility. Honor a loved one by signing up to sponsor an arrangement for Sunday worship. Your $80 donation will go to the flower guild.
If you prefer, you may email [email protected] with your name, the requested date, and the dedication.
Your annual giving to Shallowford provides life-changing worship and congregational care, opportunities for all ages to learn and grow in faith, and mission ministries that are transforming our community and the world. Our prayer is that you will make a pledge to the church and that we will all joyfully invest in God’s work through our congregation.
Won’t you join your Shallowford family in making a pledge today? Together, we build up the body of Christ.
Meals for Members
Signup to prepare a meal for a Shallowford family in need! Whether someone is welcoming a new child or is in need of our assistance during a difficult time, the Shallowford congregation is always willing to give to those in need. To sign up, visit Take Them a Meal, search the person’s Last Name, and enter the password spc. If you have questions regarding meals, or would like to receive notifications when a new member has been added to the list, please contact Lyn Bishop at [email protected]
Families in Need of Meals
Lindsey and Mike Thames
Each week, Shallowford members pray for one another, as well as friends of the church. Whether you need prayers for healing, are grieving the loss of a loved one, or are celebrating new life, you can count on the Shallowford congregation to keep you in its thoughts and prayers.
To submit a prayer request, contact Rev. Laura Jernigan, Shallowford’s Parish Associate for Congregational Care, at [email protected]
To submit your written reflections, photographs, and stories to be considered for the next issue of Sacred Space, please contact Rebecca Goode, Shallowford’s Director of Communication, at [email protected]
What Does it Mean to Serve on Session?
The Session is the governing board of each individual Presbyterian church. Here at Shallowford, our Session consists of 25 elders (or leaders) to govern the 12 active committees that makeup Shallowford Presbyterian Church (committees listed below). To become an elder, you commit to serve a three-year term on Shallowford’s Session. At Shallowford, Elders come in all shapes, sizes, and ages. The word Elder has nothing to do with a person’s age. Session includes a balance of women and men whose ages range widely from 17 to 78, including a Youth Elder who serves a one-year term.
- Approved the September 2019 membership report, totaling 979 active members.
- Approved appointing Lisa Turney, Genny Tuggey, Julie Burkhard, Barbara Reeves, Lynn Mathis and Mike Tomasovich to serve as the elder commissioners to the stated meeting of the Presbytery on November 12, 2019.
- Approved appointing Barton McMillan, Chuck Achuff, Mike Tomasovich and Bob Smithers to serve as the elder commissioners to the called meeting of the Presbytery on October 24, 2019.
- Approved minutes from the September 18, 2019 Stated Session Meeting and the September 22, 2019 Called Session Meeting to Receive New Members.
- Approved the exchange of several full-length pews with shorter pews that are already located at the church to allow persons in wheelchairs to sit.
- Reviewed the September 2019 financial results which reflected operating income of $118,152, which was $27,500 under budget, and operating expense of $161,841, which was $2,880 under budget. Net expense for the month, including Special Offerings, was $43,390, which was $24,321 under budget. Available cash at the end of September was negative $32,894, after taking into account the $70,000 payable on the line of credit.
- Approved one worship service on December 1, 2019 for the installation of Rev. Anna George Traynham at 11:00 AM.
- Approved receiving an offering to support the Sounds of Christmas Concert at the concert to be held December 15, 2019.
- Approved the September 2019 membership report, totaling 972 active, respectively.
- Approved the use of the Sanctuary for the wedding of Hugh Stoddard and Victoria Lawson on May 23, 2020, the Rev. Catherine E. Foster and Rev. Susan Allen-Grady (senior pastor from Embry Hills) to co-officiate.
- Approved minutes from the August 21, 2019 Stated Session.
- Approved having a Called Meeting of the Congregation to hear a report from the PNC on September 8, 2019.
- Approved four (4) fundraisers to raise money for the 2020 Scotland Choir Tour trip.
- Reviewed the August 2019 financial results, which reflected operating income of $125,361, which was $24,883 under budget, and operating expense of $145,347, which was $14,165 under budget. Net expense for the month, including Special Offerings, was $19,983, which was $10,715 under budget. Available cash at the end of August was $10,766. The Moderator requested that committees take a cautious approach to spending during the upcoming months.
- The Moderator called on Shallowford Presbyterian School (SPS) Task Force Chair Nancy Phillimore to present the results of the task force report.
- Approved taking an offering at the trumpet recital by Doug Lindsey & Friends, which Shallowford will host on March 9, 2020 at 7:30p.m. in the Sanctuary.
- Approved the additions of Margaret Evans, Elizabeth Harrel, Gary Budd, Will Sutton to the list of Sunday School teachers and BLAST leaders for the 2019-20 school year. Additions or changes to this list will be provided to Session at the first available scheduled meeting.
- Approved the addition of two 2019 communion dates as follows: December 3, 2019 – SPW Advent Worship and Lunch and December 4, 2019 – SPW Advent Worship.
- Approved taking an offering during Worship on Music Sunday, September 29, 2019.
- Approved the June 2019 and July 2019 membership reports, totaling 974 and 973 active members, respectively.
- Approved the baptisms of Noelle Leah Galbraith (DOB 02/13/2019), the daughter of Margaret and Andrew Galbraith, and her father, Andrew Wilson Galbraith, on August 18, 2019, during the Service for the Lord’s Day, the Rev. E. Bradley Kibler to officiate
- Approved minutes from the June 19, 2019 Stated Session Meeting and the July 14, 2019 Board of Trustees Meeting.
- Motion passed to call a congregational meeting Sunday, September 8, 2019 immediately following 11:00am worship for the purpose of receiving a report from the Pastor Nominating Committee.
- Approved a contract extension for our Interim Pastor, Rev. John Semmes, through December 31, 2019, with ability to terminate early due to call of a new pastor. In case of early termination, SPC will provide full salary and benefits for 30 days following Rev. Semmes’ last day or beginning of Rev. Semmes’ next interim call, whichever is earliest.
- Approved updates to SPC’s Maternity and Special Leave policies.
- Reviewed the July 2019 financial results, which reflected operating income of $134,728, which was $402 under budget, and operating expense of $129,390, which was $17,641 under budget. Net income for the month, including Special Offerings, was $5,538, which was $17,439 over budget. Available cash at the end of July was $29,994. The Finance Committee requested that Committee Chairs continue to defer any discretionary spending until September.
- Approved the collection of an offering to support the Orpheus Concert on August 25, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary.
- Approved the recommendation of the Worship Committee to amend the approved 2019 communion dates for November 2019 and December 2019.
- Approved Communion dates for January – June 2020.
- Approved the list of Sunday School teachers and youth leaders for the 2019-20 school year.
- Approved taking an offering for a recital by Atlanta pianist, Jody Parrish, and SPC members Kim Padgett (violin) and Ben Padgett (piano), which Shallowford will host on September 8 at 3:00 pm.