Directory (Realm Connect)
Through Realm Connect, our online member directory, members have access to the church directory, upcoming events, committee conversations, and can track online giving! Thanks to Realm, staff, church members, and leaders are able to connect with, and share, what’s going on at Shallowford at anytime.Need to Set Up an Account?
Send an email to [email protected] to request that a Realm invitation be sent to your personal email, or call the church office (404-321-1822) and request a staff member to work with you over the phone. Your account will be verified through a two-part security process.
Download Church Directory
In order to maintain the privacy of our members, our directory is password protected. If you are a member of Shallowford and would like access to the directory, please email [email protected] with the following information: first name, last name, date of birth. A member on the church staff will assist you.
Our dedicated and talented flower guild creates beautiful arrangements each week in the sanctuary and around the facility. Honor a loved one by signing up to sponsor an arrangement for Sunday worship. Your $80 donation will go to the flower guild.
If you prefer, you may email [email protected] with your name, the requested date, and the dedication.
Your annual giving to Shallowford provides life-changing worship and congregational care, opportunities for all ages to learn and grow in faith, and mission ministries that are transforming our community and the world. Our prayer is that you will make a pledge to the church and that we will all joyfully invest in God’s work through our congregation.
Won’t you join your Shallowford family in making a pledge today? Together, we build up the body of Christ.
Meals for Members
Signup to prepare a meal for a Shallowford family in need! Whether someone is welcoming a new child or is in need of our assistance during a difficult time, the Shallowford congregation is always willing to give to those in need. To sign up, visit Take Them a Meal, search the person’s Last Name, and enter the password spc. If you have questions regarding meals, or would like to receive notifications when a new member has been added to the list, please contact Lyn Bishop at [email protected]
Each week, Shallowford members pray for one another, as well as friends of the church. Whether you need prayers for healing, are grieving the loss of a loved one, or are celebrating new life, you can count on the Shallowford congregation to keep you in its thoughts and prayers.
To submit a prayer request, contact Rev. Laura Jernigan, Shallowford’s Parish Associate for Congregational Care, at [email protected]
To submit your written reflections, photographs, and stories to be considered for the next issue of Sacred Space, please contact Rebecca Goode, Shallowford’s Director of Communication, at [email protected]
What Does it Mean to Serve on Session?
The Session is the governing board of each individual Presbyterian church. Here at Shallowford, our Session consists of 25 elders (or leaders) to govern the 12 active committees that makeup Shallowford Presbyterian Church (committees listed below). To become an elder, you commit to serve a three-year term on Shallowford’s Session. At Shallowford, Elders come in all shapes, sizes, and ages. The word Elder has nothing to do with a person’s age. Session includes a balance of women and men whose ages range widely from 17 to 78, including a Youth Elder who serves a one-year term.
- Approved the June 2019 and July 2019 membership reports, totaling 974 and 973 active members, respectively.
- Approved the baptisms of Noelle Leah Galbraith (DOB 02/13/2019), the daughter of Margaret and Andrew Galbraith, and her father, Andrew Wilson Galbraith, on August 18, 2019, during the Service for the Lord’s Day, the Rev. E. Bradley Kibler to officiate
- Approved minutes from the June 19, 2019 Stated Session Meeting and the July 14, 2019 Board of Trustees Meeting.
- Motion passed to call a congregational meeting Sunday, September 8, 2019 immediately following 11:00am worship for the purpose of receiving a report from the Pastor Nominating Committee.
- Approved a contract extension for our Interim Pastor, Rev. John Semmes, through December 31, 2019, with ability to terminate early due to call of a new pastor. In case of early termination, SPC will provide full salary and benefits for 30 days following Rev. Semmes’ last day or beginning of Rev. Semmes’ next interim call, whichever is earliest.
- Approved updates to SPC’s Maternity and Special Leave policies.
- Reviewed the July 2019 financial results, which reflected operating income of $134,728, which was $402 under budget, and operating expense of $129,390, which was $17,641 under budget. Net income for the month, including Special Offerings, was $5,538, which was $17,439 over budget. Available cash at the end of July was $29,994. The Finance Committee requested that Committee Chairs continue to defer any discretionary spending until September.
- Approved the collection of an offering to support the Orpheus Concert on August 25, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary.
- Approved the recommendation of the Worship Committee to amend the approved 2019 communion dates for November 2019 and December 2019.
- Approved Communion dates for January – June 2020.
- Approved the list of Sunday School teachers and youth leaders for the 2019-20 school year.
- Approved taking an offering for a recital by Atlanta pianist, Jody Parrish, and SPC members Kim Padgett (violin) and Ben Padgett (piano), which Shallowford will host on September 8 at 3:00 pm.
- Approved the June 2019 membership report, totaling 976 active members.
- Approved the baptism of Calley Ruth Leivers (DOB 12/23/2018), the daughter of Jessica and Carl Leivers, on July 28, 2019, during the Service for the Lord’s Day, the Rev. Robert C. Leivers to officiate.
- Reviewed the May 2019 financial results which reflected operating income of $142,547, which was $5,662 under budget, and operating expense of $156,547, which was $2,126 under budget. Net income for the month, including Special Offerings, was $13,460, which was $2,996 under budget. Available cash at the end of May was $40,775. The Finance Committee requested that Committee Chairs continue to defer any discretionary spending until September.
- Approved a free will offering at the June 30, 2019 Jacob Rogers and Friends band during the “Front Porch” concert to support the musician’s.
- Approved Facilities to be allowed to negotiate a building use agreement to allow an entity associated with NetFlix to lease 120 parking spaces in the lower lot and use the Great Hall to provide Catered meals on July 8 and 9 for an amount not less than $9,000, and that this amount be dedicated to approved use by the Facilities Committee.
- Approved the April 2019 membership report, totaling 1,069 active members.
- Approved the transfer to the Inactive Membership Roll the members that have not participated in the work or worship of Shallowford Presbyterian Church for over 3 years OR have asked to have their names placed on the inactive roll.
- Approved removing from the church rolls the members that have not participated in the work or worship of Shallowford Presbyterian Church for over 2 years OR have asked to have their names removed from the church rolls.
- On behalf of the Session, CJ Drymon expressed her sincere appreciation and gratitude to Carol Payne and gave thanks to God for her ministry and many contributions to Shallowford.
- Approved the baptism of Jayleen Wairimu Githiomi, the daughter of Jessica and David Nganga, on June 23, 2019.
- Reviewed the April 2019 financial results which reflected operating income of $167,334, which was $11,628 over budget, and operating expense of $166,409, which was $2,682 over budget. Net income for the month, including Special Offerings, was $2,440, which was $10,461 favorable to budget. Available cash at the end of April was $53,540. The Finance Committee requested that Committee Chairs continue to defer any discretionary spending until September.
- Motion passed that contingent upon answering the constitutional questions in the affirmative on either June 2 or 9, that the elders-elect exam be sustained and the elderselect be seated ‘as active elders’ for service to Shallowford Presbyterian Church.