Approved minutes from the Called Session Meeting to receive new members, December 13, 2020
Approved minutes from Stated Session Meeting, December 16, 2020
Elect Commissioners to the Stated Presbytery Meeting, February 20, 2021
Approve December New Membership Report indicating 1007 Active Members
Ministry Spotlight – Mission
Shallowford supports (10) mission partners through an annual application process within areas of Food, Shelter, Education and Young People, and Spiritual and Physical Wholeness
- Food – Shallowford Food Pantry and NETWorks Food Pantry
- Shelter – Habitat for Humanity, NETWorks and Decatur Cooperative Ministries
- Education and Young People – La Amistad, LaGonave Haiti Partners and Thornwell
- Spiritual and Physical Wholeness – Presbyterian Disaster Assistance, Shalom International Ministry and Memorial Drive Ministries
Catherine described the Mission Forward Fund. Since its inception in 2016, the Mission Forward Fund has awarded $123,680 in grants. Catherine indicated that the special offerings for Mission for 2020 were $74,342 from the Pentecost offering, Thornwell, Alternative Giving and Shallowford Alternative Giving Match. Across all Mission programs, Shallowford gave $185,621 in 2020.
The December 2020 financial results reflected operating income of $163,567, which was $7,025 under budget, and operating expense of $359,254, which was $170,249 over budget (includes $150,000 of approved year end cash expenditures). Net loss for the month, including Special Offerings, was $199,565, which was $181,152 over budget. Available cash at the end of November was $268,010.
Year end results, including Special Offerings, reflected operating income of $2,095,966 which was $233,966 over budget, and operating expense of $1,862,403, which was $403 over budget. Year-end net income was $178,927 (PPP loan was $204,376).
Reviewed the Installed Pastors’ Terms of Call which will be presented to the congregation for vote during a Virtual Congregational Meeting on February 21, 2021.
COVID-19 Task Force Report
Reviewed some key metrics that the task force monitors to inform decisions around Shallowford activities. Pay attention to the following key points:
- Become a vaccine champion
- Continue to practice protective measures before and after vaccination
- Work together to protect the most vulnerable in our congregation and community
Approved Session Action Forms (SAFs)
- Communion Schedule for the Calendar Year 2021
- Call Annual Congregational Meeting for February 21, 2021
- Renewal of Contract for Rev. Laura Jernigan, Parish Associate for Congregational Care
- Renewal of Contract for Rev. Landon Dillard, Contract Associate for Children’s Ministry
- Offer Anti-Racism Training as education option during Lent
- Allow 25 people for outdoor-only funerals and graveside services
- Establish an Internship Program at Shallowford (first review) – will be voted on in February
- Pay it Forward – option for members who are in the position and wish to donate stimulus monies to SPC members and/or mission partners