Highlights from July 16, 2017
- Approved the June membership report, totaling 1,025 active members.
- The Finance Committee, reported the June 2017 financial results, which reflected operating income of $132,567, which was $578 under budget, and operating expense of $126,386, which was $13,826 under budget. Net income for the month, including Special Offerings, was $6,391, which was $13,458 over budget. Available cash at the end of June was $61,383.
- Approved the baptism of Graham Theo Thames, the son of Lindsey and Mike Thames, on August 27, 2017.
- Approved the baptism of Sloan Victoria Hagler, Reese Michelle Hagler, and Quinn Lucille Hagler, the daughters of William and Greer Hagler, on October 15, 2017.
- Approved the amendment of the bylaws of Shallowford Presbyterian School to update the mission statement, to address length of terms of board members, and to make other clarifications.
- Appointed Steve Benise, Nan Johnson, and Scott McGough to serve as elder commissioners to the stated meeting of the Presbytery on August 19, 2017.
- Time was spent reflecting on the sacrament of baptism. Rev. Henry led the session in the reaffirmation of baptismal vows service from the Book of Common Worship.