Inviting all people to a faithful way of life in Christ and in community.
How We Came to Be
It started with a dirt road. In 1823, the DeKalb County Court ordered that a road be built connecting the courthouse in Decatur with the “shallow ford” of the Chattahoochee River. A little over a hundred years later, in 1937, J.R. Carmichael purchased farmland along the then dirt road. In 1958, the Atlanta Presbytery received a gift of four acres from the Carmichael family, and then purchased an additional acre with an eye to planting a new congregation on Shallowford Road.
Why We Worship
We worship because we have been created by a generous and loving God and given the gift of grace in Jesus Christ. Our worship is a joyful and faithful response to the love of God, and it offers us a regular reminder that the mystery and majesty of God are beyond our ability to describe or explain.
Sacred Space Magazine
Check out the latest edition of our church magazine, Sacred Space, featuring stories, photos and reflections from the Shallowford family. Please email your written reflections, photographs and stories to be considered for future issues to Rebecca Goode at [email protected]